Frequently Asked Questions
To place an order:
- You must be over 19 years or older
- Must have a valid shipping address
- Use a valid payment method, we accept e-transfer and all major credit cards
All Spore Society deliveries are fulfilled by CanadaPost via XpressPost shipping.
Q: What are your shipping costs?
– We charge $20 flat rate shipping fee for orders $150 and below and FREE for orders $150 and over.
Q: Where do you ship from?
– We ship from British Columbia
Q: Do you ship internationally?
– Not at the moment. No exceptions on this.
Q: Do you allow order pick up?
– No. We do not have this service as of yet. You may not pick up the orders directly from us.
Q: Do you have same day shipping?
– Not at the moment. In the future we will be doing same day shipping. No shipping during weekends and holidays.
Q: How long will it take for my order to arrive?
– CanadaPost’s projected delivery date is two to four business days to most areas of the country. Please note that these are based on CanadaPost estimates, and only applies to items sent between most major urban centres. Actual delivery times depend on origin, destination, weather conditions and other factors.
Q: How do you guarantee the arrival of my order?
– We make sure that the shipping address matches the information you have provided in your order form. A tracking ID is also provided so you can track the delivery status online. We do not have control over the packages once they are shipped and in the hands of CanadaPost. We never had an issue of missing or stolen packages. We only get delays at most, due to mismatch of postal code or incorrect address.
We process packages with XpressPost with signature which you will get full liability coverage for your packages. The name and signature of the person who received the package will be included in the delivery certificate. Reshipping is 100% guaranteed and in the event of a lost or stolen package.
Q: Do I have to use my real name when placing an order?
– Yes you do need to use your real name as we check for Government-Issued Identification before processing your order.
Q: What happens if my package won’t fit the mailbox?
– If your order is too large to fit into your regular size mailbox it will be delivered to a postal outlet. If you do not have your real name on the delivered package then you wont be able to pick it up as Identification will be required. Recommendation: Keep your order the size of your mailbox or ensure you have a real name so that you can pick it up. No signature is required.
They are taken fresh or dried out, others make tea and some mix them to make tasteful treats.
45-60 minutes to take effect and lasts around 4-6 hours. Timing may differ for each person.
- Take notice in detail you did not realize before
- Explosion of colors
- Feel a sense of calmness
- Connection with nature
This state of well being may not come right away, you must be patient and allow the medicine to take affect.
Magic mushrooms are not addictive you can opt out without any side effects. But like LSD you become tolerant to the effects quickly and need to take more in your next trip.
– A spore syringe consists of a syringe filled with sterilised water and mushroom spores. Spores originate from mushroom fruiting bodies, for this reason they cannot be guaranteed free from contamination.
First time cultivators will often attempt to inoculate grain spawn or BRF cakes usnig a spore syringe with varied results.
For best results we recommemd germinating spores on agar in order to take a clean culture transfer.
You can purchase our variety of spore syringes here.
– Mycelium is the branching mass formed from strands of hyphae. It’s this mass that is responsible for breaking down and consuming matter via the excretion of enzymes. These nutrients are absorbed and used to expand and eventually produce fruiting bodies.
– Grain spawn is a little known secret weapon belonging to the world of mushroom cultivation. It’s made from sterilized grains that have been inoculated with a live mycelium culture. Grain spawn contains a lot of energy for our mycelium to consume. It’s a bit like rocket fuel for mushrooms. Once it’s added to your substrate it takes off like wild fire.
Mother nature works her magic using spores but in a controlled environment you need to tip the scales in your favour by using clean high-quality grain spawn so you are doing your best to ensure success.
Grain spawn is incorporated into a bulk substrate which is subsequently colonized by the mycelium culture. Once ready it will begin to convert the energy from within the bulk substrate into the mushrooms.
A wide range of materials can be used as a bulk substrate for growing mushrooms. These include mulch, straw, paper, coffee grounds, hardwood sawdust and more.
You can purchase our in-house and lab tested grain spawn here.
– Spore syringes are often mistaken for liquid culture. Liquid culture is the result of an isolated mycelium culture grown and expanded in a sugar broth.
– Liquid culture is preferred over a spore syringe to inoculate grain spawn due to the reduced change of contamination.
A bulk substrate or substrate is a material used for the cultivation of mushrooms. A bulk substrate is combined with an inoculate, often in the form of a grain spawn which will colonize the substrate before fruiting.
Mulch, straw, rye berries, saw dust, hardwood are one of the primary materials used as a bulk substrate. These are typically low in nutrient value to allow for the growth of the mycelium without encouraging the formation of competing pathogens.
Substrates can be enriched with supplementation to increase the availability of nutrients, this will often lead to faster colonization and higher yields. Supplemented substrates will often require sterilization.
You can purchase our in-house and lab tested substrate here.